There's nothing quite like a cup of piping hot peppermint tea on a cold winter's day. The strong, minty flavor is both invigorating and soothing, and the aroma is simply divine. If you're looking for some creative ways to enjoy peppermint tea, look no further! Here are 5 delicious recipes that are sure to hit the spot.
Peppermint Tea Latte
If you're a fan of Starbucks' popular holiday drink, you'll love this homemade version!
- Simply combine 1 cup of milk, 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract, and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until the mixture comes to a simmer, then remove from heat and add 1 cup of brewed peppermint tea.
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!
Peppermint Tea & Honey Cookies
These delightful cookies are the perfect blend of sweet and minty. And they're so easy to make!
- Just combine 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons honey in a large bowl and mix until well blended.
- Fold in 1 cup of finely chopped peppermint candies, then drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Let cool on the pans for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Enjoy!
Creamy Peppermint Tea Smoothie
This refreshing smoothie makes the perfect morning pick-me-up!
- Simply combine 2 cups of cold brewed peppermint tea, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup vanilla yogurt, and 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy immediately. Yum!
Chocolate Peppermint Tea Cake
This decadent cake is perfect for special occasions...or anytime you're in the mood for something sinfully delicious!
- Start by combining 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, 2 cups sugar, 4 large eggs, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three additions alternately with 3/4 cup buttermilk, mixing just until combined after each addition.
- Stir in 6 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate chips or chunks and 2 tablespoons coarsely crushed candy canes.
- Pour batter into two greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans and bake at 350 degrees for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool cakes in the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on the racks frosting if desired). Serve and enjoy!
Peppermint Bark Tea
This fun twist on classic peppermint bark is sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike!
- Simply brew 4 cups of strong peppermint tea using 8 tea bags or 4 tablespoons loose leaf tea.
- Line a 13x9 inch baking dish with parchment paper then pour the tea into the dish (discard the tea bags or leaves).
- Place the pan in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until mixture is syrupy but not solidified.
- Remove from fridge then sprinkle with 2 cups Ghirardelli 60% dark chocolate chips.
- Allow chips to melt for about 5 minutes then spread evenly over surface with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle with 12 crushed candy canes then place dish back in fridge for 20-30 minutes oruntil chocolate is firm.
- Break into pieces using hands or cut with a sharp knife then serve & enjoy !
Whether you're looking for a cozy wintertime treat or a refreshing summertime sipper, there's sure to be a peppermint tea recipe here that will suit your fancy!
So brew up a pot, grab your favorite mug, sit back and relax!
Want to know what are the best peppermint teas? Check out our guide here!