If you're a fan of chai tea, you know that there's nothing quite like a cup of strongly brewed tea flavored with spices like cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon. And while you can certainly buy chai tea mix at the store, there's something incredibly satisfying about making your own blend at home.
Not only is homemade chai tea mix more economical than its store-bought counterpart, but it also allows you to customize the flavor to suit your preferences. Want your chai tea a little sweeter? Add a bit more sugar. Need a little less caffeine? Use decaf black tea instead. The possibilities are endless!
Read on for a recipe for the best chai tea mix around.
- 2 cups powdered nondairy creamer
- 1 cup instant black tea
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir until evenly mixed.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 6 months.
- To make a cup of tea, mix 2 tablespoons of the chai tea mix with 8 ounces of hot water and stir until dissolved.
- Serve immediately.
You can also add milk or cream and sweeten with sugar or honey, if desired. Enjoy!
Want to know what is the best chai tea? Check out our guide here!