Looking for a quick and easy chicken and sausage crock pot recipe? Look no further than this slow cooker chicken and sausage creole. All you need is some simple ingredients, a few hours in the crock pot, and you’ll have a delicious meal ready to go!
- 2 lbs skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts, cut into cubes (alternately you can use shredded chicken)
- 1 lb turkey sausage or chicken sausage or andouille sausage, sliced
- ½ cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- ¾ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning, divided
- 4 cups cooked cauliflower rice or cooked rice (white or brown) for serving
- Place chicken and smoked sausage in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add bell peppers, canned tomatoes with juices, tomato sauce, chicken broth, garlic, 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and 1 teaspoon creole seasoning to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours until the chicken is cooked through.
- Once done cooking, stir in remaining Cajun and creole seasonings to taste (adding more if desired). Serve over cooked cauliflower rice or white rice as desired.
With just a few simple ingredients and a few hours of slow cooking time, this slow cooker chicken and sausage creole is a tasty and easy dinner option. Your family will love the flavor and you’ll love the convenience of a meal that practically cooks itself! Give it a try tonight and enjoy the deliciousness!