How to Make a Perfect Chocolate Ganache Every Time
Chocolate ganache is a rich and delicious chocolate frosting that is perfect for cakes, cupcakes, and other desserts. It's an easy recipe to make with just two ingredients—chocolate and cream—but there are a few things you need to know in order to get it just right. Follow these simple steps, and you'll be able to make a decadent chocolate ganache every time.
Ingredients You Will Need
You will need two ingredients for this recipe—dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chopped dark or semi-sweet chocolate), and heavy cream. The ratio of chocolate to cream should be 1 part chocolate to 1 part cream by weight. For example, if you use 8 ounces of chocolate chips, you should also use 8 ounces of heavy cream. This will give you enough ganache to generously frost an 8-inch cake or 12 cupcakes.
- Place the chocolate chips or chopped pieces of dark/semi-sweet chocolate into a heat safe bowl, such as glass or ceramic. Set aside.
- Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it just begins to boil (it will start bubbling around the edges). Immediately remove from heat and pour the hot cream over the top of the chocolate chips/chopped pieces of dark/semi-sweet chocolate in the bowl.
- Let sit for 5 minutes without stirring so that the hot cream has time to melt all of the chocolate completely into liquid form.
- After 5 minutes, slowly whisk together until all of the ingredients have been incorporated into smooth, glossy ganache that is ready for use on your cake or cupcakes!
- If necessary, place in microwave for 10 second intervals at 50% power stirring between each interval until desired consistency is reached (should be thick but still easily spreadable).
Now that you know how easy it is to make your own delicious homemade ganache at home, why not give this recipe a try? Whether you're making cakes or cupcakes for yourself or loved ones, adding this luxurious topping will take them from good to extraordinary! With just two simple ingredients and five easy steps, you can whip up perfect homemade chocolate ganache every time—no baking experience necessary! Enjoy!
Want to know what is the best chocolate for melting? Check out our guide here!