Making cold brew tea is a great way to enjoy a refreshing cup of tea without having to heat up water or wait for your tea to steep. This brewing method is also believed to result in a less bitter cup of tea. All you need to make cold brew tea is water, tea bags, and a pitcher or jar. Follow the steps below to make the perfect cup of cold brew tea.
- Fill your pitcher or jar about three-quarters full with cold water. If using loose leaf tea, add 2 tablespoons of tea per 8 ounces (1 cup) of water. If using tea bags, add 2 bags per 8 ounces (1 cup) of water.
- Stir the water and tea until the leaves are fully saturated.
- Cover the pitcher or jar with a lid and store it in the fridge overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- After steeping, remove the lid and strain the tea into another pitcher or jar using a cheesecloth, coffee filter, or fine-mesh strainer.
- Serve over ice and enjoy! You can sweeten your cold brew tea with honey, sugar, or your favorite type of syrup.
Making cold brew tea is easy and only requires a few simple ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen. This brewing method results in a refreshing and less bitter cup of tea that can be enjoyed all year round. Give it a try today!
Want to know what is the best tea infuser? Check out our guide here!