When it comes to comfort food, few dishes hit the spot quite like a hearty plate of corned beef hash. This dish is packed with protein and flavor, and can be easily tailored to your taste preferences. Not to mention, it's the perfect way to use up any leftover corned beef you might have from last night's dinner. Here's a step-by-step guide to making the perfect corned beef hash.
- 1 pound of cooked corned beef, diced into small pieces
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 bell pepper, diced; 1 cup of frozen peas; 1/4 cup of diced ham
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and add in the potatoes and onions. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Stir in the diced corned beef and any additional optional ingredients, cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and continue to cook until the hash is heated through and slightly crispy on the edges.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve hot as a breakfast side or main dish for dinner. Enjoy!
Bonus tip: For an extra crispy and savory touch, sprinkle some grated cheddar cheese on top before serving. Yum!
Want to know what is the best steak rub? Check out our guide here!