A griddle pancake is a type of pancake that is cooked on a griddle instead of in a frying pan. Griddle pancakes are delicious and easy to make. In this blog post, we will show you how to make the perfect griddle pancake. Keep reading to learn more!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Butter or cooking spray, for the griddle
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate small bowl or measuring cup, mix together the milk, vegetable oil, and egg until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined (a few small lumps are okay).
- Heat a griddle or large frying pan over medium heat and add butter or cooking spray.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake, spreading it into a circle with the back of a spoon. Cook until the edges start to look dry and bubbles form on the surface, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the other side is golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings, such as syrup or fruit. Enjoy!
Want to know what the are the best oils for Blackstone Griddles? Check out our guide here!