Jambalaya is a classic creole-style rice dish that combines a variety of flavors and ingredients. From the smoky andouille sausage to the vibrant bell peppers, this one-pan dish is sure to be a hit with your family. And what’s even better? This recipe comes together in only 30 minutes! Let’s get started on this jambalaya sheet pan dinner.
To make your sheet pan jambalaya, you will need:
- 1 pound of andouille sausage
- 2 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 cans diced tomatoes with green chiles (14 ounces)
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked long grain white rice.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease a large sheet pan with cooking spray or oil.
- Slice the sausage into bite-sized pieces and add it to the sheet pan along with diced bell peppers. Toss together until everything is combined then spread out evenly across the pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the canned tomatoes with green chiles, minced garlic, cajun seasoning, creole seasoning, melted butter and chicken broth until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour this mixture overtop of the sausage and bell pepper mixture on the sheet pan then sprinkle in the uncooked long grain white rice.
- Stir until everything is combined then spread out evenly across the pan again.
- Place your sheet pan in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
- Once done baking remove sheet pan from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving straight from the pan or transferring to individual plates or bowls to serve family style!
- Serve hot with extra cajun seasoning on top if desired!
Whether you're looking for an easy weeknight meal or something special for Sunday supper, this jambalaya sheet pan dinner is sure to please everyone at your table! With its mix of smoky sausage, colorful bell peppers and savory spices like cajun seasoning and creole seasoning, plus all those amazing aromas that come from baking together in one pan – you'll have a delicious meal ready in just 30 minutes! So grab your ingredients today and start cooking up some Creole-style comfort food tonight! Bon appetit!