If you’re looking for one of those easy, healthy instant pot recipes, look no further than this instant pot jambalaya recipe. This classic Cajun rice dish is packed with flavor thanks to the chicken and sausage, as well as bell peppers, diced tomatoes, and cajun seasoning. Plus, it’s made in your instant pot so you don’t have to worry about standing over the stove! Let’s get cooking!
Ingredients you need to cook instant pot Jambalaya:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into small cubes)
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage (sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 cup brown rice (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley (optional garnish)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (optional garnish)
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, sausage, bell peppers, garlic, cajun seasoning, salt and black pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Add the chicken mixture to your instant pot and stir in the chicken broth and diced tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on high pressure for 8-10 minutes (depending on how tender you want your rice). Once done cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 5-10 minutes before manually releasing any remaining pressure.
- Stir in the uncooked brown rice until it is fully combined with the rest of the ingredients
- Serve immediately with chopped parsley and sliced green onions as garnish, if desired.
- Repeat as needed for additional servings.
Looking for a delicious and easy dinner option that is also packed with flavor? Look no further than this jambalaya instant pot recipe. With simple ingredients like chicken, sausage, bell peppers, and cajun seasoning, this dish is sure to become a family favorite.
Fancy an east instant pot chicken recipe that can also be done in a crockpot? Check this out here!
Or what about trying more instant pot recipes? Check out this shrimp boil instant pot version here!