If you're craving pizza but don't want to order out, never fear! You can make an amazing pizza right in your own kitchen. All you need is a little know-how and the right ingredients. Let's get started.
Step One: Choose Your Dough
The first step to making a great pizza is choosing the right dough. If you're in a hurry, you can always use pre-made dough from the grocery store. However, if you want to make your pizza extra special, we recommend taking the time to make your dough from scratch. Here's our favorite recipe:
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the yeast, sugar, and warm water. Let sit for about 10 minutes until bubbles form on the surface.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and salt. Pour in yeast mixture and olive oil and mix until dough forms. Knead dough on a floured surface for about 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, cover with a towel, and let sit in a warm place for 1 hour to rise.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, it's ready to use for your pizza crust!
Step Two: Choose Your Toppings
Now it's time to pick your toppings. The sky's the limit here - traditional favorites like pepperoni and mushrooms, or get creative with options like pineapple and grilled chicken. Just make sure you don't overload the pizza with too many toppings, or it may not cook evenly.
Step Three: Assemble and Bake Your Pizza
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll out your dough on a lightly floured surface until it reaches your desired thickness. Transfer to a greased baking sheet or pizza stone.
Spread your choice of sauce on the dough, then add toppings and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Let cool for a few minutes before slicing and enjoying your homemade pizza creation!
Bonus Tip: For extra flavor, try brushing the crust with garlic butter before baking. Yum!
Want to know what is the best flour for pizza? Check out our guide here!