Are you in the mood for a delicious dinner that you didn’t have to spend hours preparing? Then this crock pot chicken and broccoli over rice recipe is just what you need! With just 15 minutes of prep time, this chicken broccoli and rice dinner will have your family asking for seconds. Let’s take a look at how to make one of the easiest slow cooker recipes!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen chicken, once thawed is okay)
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of mushroom soup (or substitute chicken soup)
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with garlic and black pepper, then top with frozen broccoli florets.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, and uncooked white rice until combined.
- Pour over the chicken and broccoli inside the slow cooker.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- When done cooking, carefully remove lid and stir in sour cream until combined. Top with shredded cheddar cheese before serving over hot cooked brown rice or white rice.
This slow cooker creamy chicken and broccoli over rice recipe is a quick and easy dinner that your whole family will love! It only takes 15 minutes to prep everything before it goes into your slow cooker, so all you have to do is wait for it to finish cooking and enjoy your delicious chicken meal! Plus, you can always add more vegetables—just toss them in before putting on the lid! So why not give this simple yet delicious chicken broccoli and rice recipe a try tonight? You won’t be disappointed!