Looking for a quick and easy dinner that you can make in just thirty minutes? Look no further than Zatarain's Dirty Rice! This one-dish meal is packed full of flavor, and with just a few simple ingredients, it's the perfect dinner for busy weeknights. Let's take a look at how to make this delicious dish.
To make four servings of Zatarain's Dirty Rice, you will need:
- 1 pound of cooked ground beef
- 1/2 cup of green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable or olive oil
- one 8 oz. box of Zatarain's Dirty Rice Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon of yeast extract
- 2 cups of uncooked long grain parboiled rice
- Begin by heating the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the green bell peppers and cook until they are softened (about 4 minutes). When finished cooking, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Drain fat from the pan then add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until it is browned (about 6 minutes). Once finished cooking, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the uncooked long grain parboiled rice with the contents of the family size box of Zatarain's Dirty Rice Mix and yeast extract until everything is perfectly blended.
- Add cooked beef to skillet then pour in rice mix and stir until everything is combined evenly.
- Return bell peppers to pan and reduce heat to low then cover and let simmer for 15 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed by the rice mix. Note: cooking times may vary slightly as microwave ovens vary in wattage; please use your best judgment when deciding if more time is needed for cooking.
- After 15 minutes have passed, remove lid from skillet and fluff dirty rice with fork before serving for an easy and delicious meal that your whole family can enjoy!
Make your next dinnertime easier with Zatarain's Dirty Rice! With just a few simple ingredients and 30 minutes on your stovetop or microwave oven, you'll have a perfectly blended rice mix in no time! Enjoy this classic Southern dish that is sure to bring flavor to your table every time you make it - just be sure not to forget the bell peppers - they really help give this dish its signature taste! Try making Zatarain's Dirty Rice tonight - you won't regret it!