Nothing says comfort food quite like a plate of sliders. And these easy Hawaiian pork sliders take the classic slider to the next level with their delicious combination of flavors. With ground pork, BBQ sauce, pepper jack cheese, and French fried onions, these Hawaiian pork sliders are sure to become a family favorite!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1½ pounds ground pork
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce (preferably hickory-flavored)
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup French fried onions
- 6 slider buns
To Make Your Hawaiian Pork Sliders:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground pork and cook until it is browned, about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess fat. Note, you can add a little brown sugar to sweeten if desired.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the barbecue sauce and cheese. Stir until everything is evenly combined and the cheese is melted.
- To assemble your sliders, place a heaping scoop of the pork mixture onto each slider bun and top with French fried onions. Serve warm and enjoy!
These sliders can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before serving—making them perfect for meal prepping or taking on picnics or camping trips!
If you have leftover pulled pork from another recipe (like slow cooker pulled pork or Hawaiian pulled pork to make hawaiian pulled pork sliders), you can also substitute that for the ground pork called for in this recipe—just make sure that you adjust any seasonings as needed (for example, if your leftover pulled pork has soy sauce in it, you may want to reduce or omit additional salt). This recipe also works great with boneless pork shoulder or pork tenderloin—just be aware that those cuts generally have higher saturated fat content than ground pork does.
Whether you’re looking for a weeknight dinner idea or something special for your next potluck party, this easy pork sliders recipe is sure to hit the spot! With just a few basic ingredients—and no more than 15 minutes of hands-on prep time—you can have this delicious comfort food on your table in no time at all! So what are you waiting for? This is one of the easiest pork recipes to try—we promise you won’t be disappointed!