Making coffee without a coffee maker is easy and only requires a few supplies that you probably already have in your kitchen. All you need is ground coffee, water, a pot, and a stove. Follow the steps below to make delicious coffee without any fancy equipment.
- Ground coffee
Making Coffee without a Coffee Maker
- Boil water on the stove and let it cool for about 30 seconds. You don't want the water to be too hot because it will make the coffee taste bitter.
- Measure two tablespoons of ground coffee for every six ounces of water. Add the ground coffee to the pot.
- Pour the cooled water into the pot with the ground coffee. Stir until combined.
- Place the pot on the stove and turn it up to medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil and then immediately remove from heat. Let it sit for about four minutes so that the grounds can settle to the bottom of the pot.
- Carefully pour the coffee into cups, avoiding the grounds at the bottom of the pot. Enjoy!
Coffee Tips & Tricks
- Try using a French press for an even easier way to make coffee without a machine. Simply add ground coffee and hot water to the French press, stir, and let it steep for four minutes before pushing down on the plunger.
- Experiment with different brewing times to find what taste you like best. Four minutes is just a general guideline— some people prefer their coffee less strong and brew for only two or three minutes while others like a stronger cup of joe and brew for five or six minutes.
Brewing delicious coffee without a machine is simple and only requires common kitchen supplies that you probably already have on hand. By following these steps, you can enjoy fresh, homemade coffee anytime without having to invest in a costly coffee maker. With no machine required, there's no excuse not to enjoy a freshly brewed cup of java today!
Want to know what is the best ground coffee? Check out our guide here!