Chicken thighs are a delicious and easy meal to make. With an air fryer, you can perfectly cook chicken thighs every time. This recipe will show you how to air fry chicken thighs to give you the perfect balance of flavor and crunch that is sure to please your taste buds. This is one of those air fryer chicken recipes that is sure to become a family favorite!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (you can use bone in chicken thighs also)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together olive oil, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and lemon juice until combined.
- Add boneless chicken thighs to the bowl and coat with the marinade, making sure each piece is evenly covered.
- Place chicken thighs in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 15 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, flipping chicken thighs skin side up halfway through cooking time so both sides are cooked evenly.
- After 15 minutes remove boneless thighs from air fryer and let cool before serving or storing for later use.
- Serve with your favorite side dish and enjoy!
Can you cook frozen chicken thighs in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken thighs in an air fryer; they will take a bit longer than if they were not frozen.
When cooking anything in an air fryer, it is important to remember that they work best when there is a gradual increase in temperature. So, if you are starting with something that is frozen, it is best to preheat the air fryer for a few minutes before adding the food. This will help ensure that the food cooks evenly.
For frozen chicken thighs, plan on cooking them for about 25 minutes at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). If they are not frozen, cook them for about 20 minutes at the same temperature.
Making chicken thighs in an air fryer is a quick and easy way to get perfectly cooked, crispy chicken every time. This air fryer chicken thighs recipe gives you the perfect balance of flavor and crunch that is sure to please your taste buds. Try it out for yourself today and let us know how it turns out!
For extra crispy skin, lightly spray the cooked chicken thighs with cooking oil before serving. This will help lock in even more moisture and create an extra-crunchy exterior.