Thai tea is a delicious and refreshing beverage that can be enjoyed hot or cold. It's perfect for any time of year! In this blog post, we'll share three different recipes for making Thai tea at home. Whether you like your tea sweet or spicy, we've got a recipe for you. So what are you waiting for? Let's get brewing!
Traditional Thai Iced Tea Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 black tea bag
- 1 cup milk
- Ice cubes
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon stick over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tea bag and continue to simmer for another two minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain out any loose spices or tea leaves using a fine sieve or strainer.
- Let cool slightly before pouring it into a shallow container and refrigerating until chilled.
- When ready to serve, fill a glass with ice cubes and pour in the chilled Thai tea mixture until about halfway full.
- Add a splash of milk and stir to combine. Garnish with additional cinnamon sticks or ground spices as desired, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Want to know what is the best chai tea? Check out our guide here!