Wolfgang Puck is a world-renowned chef, so it's no surprise that his pizza dough recipe is top-notch. This recipe is perfect for anyone who loves to make pizza at home. It's easy to follow and yields delicious results every time. So what are you waiting for? Give it a try!
- 1 package dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (105-115 degrees F)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cornmeal for dusting
- In a small bowl, combine yeast, sugar, and warm water. Stir and let stand for 5 minutes until foamy.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in yeast mixture and olive oil. Mix with your hands until dough forms and is smooth.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until it is elastic and springs back when pressed with your finger.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F and sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal. Punch down the dough and divide into 2 equal pieces. Roll out each piece into a 12-inch round on a lightly floured surface.
- Transfer rounds onto the prepared baking sheet and top with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Tip: For a crispy crust, brush the edges of the dough with olive oil before baking. Happy cooking!
Want to know what is the best flour for pizza? Check out our guide here!