Are you looking for a delicious, spicy dish to spice up your weeknight dinner? Look no further than this Chicken Cajun Macaroni and Cheese recipe. It is full of flavor and packed with protein — plus it’s easy to make. With simple ingredients like cajun seasoning, green bell pepper, and Andouille sausage and deliciously seasoned chicken, this meal will be sure to impress! No cheese sauce required here, this tasty treat is oven baked!
- 1 package Andouille sausage (or other smoked sausage)
- 2 cups of uncooked macaroni noodles
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons of cajun seasoning (or more to taste)
- ¾ cup of diced green bell peppers
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 cups of cooked chicken (shredded or cubed)
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the macaroni noodles in a large pot filled with boiling water and cook them until they are al dente.
- Once cooked throughly drain the noodles and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the diced bell peppers and sauté them for about 5 minutes or until they are softened.
- Then add the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute or two before adding the cooked chicken and Andouille sausage (or other smoked sausage).
- Cook everything together for about 5 minutes until it’s all heated throughly then add in the cajun seasoning and stir everything together until it’s evenly coated with the seasoning.
- In a large bowl combine together the cooked pasta with the chicken mixture from earlier as well as both types of cheeses – sharp cheddar cheese & Monterey Jack cheese - garlic powder & onion powder & chopped parsley then stir everything together until it’s combined thoroughly.
- Transfer everything into a 9x13 inch baking dish then bake it in preheated oven at 350°F for 25-30 minutes until top is golden brown & bubbly hot then remove from oven & serve warm with desired sides & enjoy!
There you have it! This is one of of those mac and cheese recipes that is an easy yet delicious dinner that can be made in no time at all! It's perfect for those busy weeknights when you don't have much time but still want something tasty to eat! Plus since you can freeze leftovers you can always have some ready to go whenever you're feeling like having some cheesy goodness! So what are you waiting for? Try out this cheese cajun mac recipe today — your taste buds won't regret it!
If you do have leftovers, you can freeze chicken mac and cheese for later!